Passion Plays 2022 in Oberammergau
More than a half million visitors come to see the world famous Passion Plays in Oberammergau every ten years. The next Passion Plays in Oberammergau will take place in 2022 as they needed to be postponed in 2020 due to the coronavirus pandemic.
As far as their landscape, tourist attractions and religious appeal are concerned they could hardly be more diverse. And yet the Marian pilgrimage town of Altötting and the Passion Play village of Oberammergau are the best known religious centres in Bavaria world-wide. Combine your visit to the Passion Plays in Oberammergau with a visit of Altötting, the Heart of Bavaria! We help tour operators planning a tour through Bavaria.
Our offers in Altötting for tour operators
Guided tours in Altötting
Book your guided city tour of Altötting for your group! The guide takes you on a journey through the centuries-old history of the pilgrimage town Altötting. We gladly organize your guided tour on your desired date!
Contents of a guided tour in Altötting:
- Explanation of the Chapel of Grace and the Madonna. Please note that no explanations are given inside the Holy Chapel. The chapel can be visited individually after the tour.
- History of the pilgrimage
- Visit to the Basilica of St Anne, the biggest church in Altötting
- Visit to the Brother Conrad Church: The tomb of the saintly Brother Konrad is the second place of pilgrimage in Altötting after the Chapel of Grace.
- Visit to the chapel's square and the Parish Church
Date: possible at any time, advance reservation necessary
Duration: 90 minutes, extension possible
Meeting point: in front of the city hall or individual meeting point possible